Metal Gear Creator's Contract Is Terminated

Legendary games developer Hideo Kojima - the man behind the Metal Gear series - has had his contract terminated by games firm Konami.

After months of speculation that his relationship with the games studio was strained, he confirmed that he was parting ways with the gaming giant.

He wrote on Twitter: "My employment contract with Konami has been terminated as of 15 December, so today marks a new start for me.

"I'm committed to be involved in creative activities for as long as I live. Look forward to what's coming."

Kojima

He was quick to move on to other projects - announcing that his Kojima Productions studio is being relaunched as an independent studio.

The first game produced will be a PlayStation 4 exclusive, with Mr Kojima saying: "I will be taking on a new challenge by establishing my own independent studio, and I am thrilled to be able to embark on this journey with PlayStation, who I have continued to work with all these past years.

"I cannot wait to deliver, with PlayStation, a game that will become a compelling franchise."

No further details were revealed, however the studio said it wants to develop products that "push the boundaries in innovation and ignite consumer interest worldwide".

Earlier this month Konami refused to allow Mr Kojima to accept an award for Metal Gear Solid V - the latest instalment in the hugely popular franchise.

Share on Google Plus

About Quang

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét