Hugh Grant Fears 'Not Being Good Enough'

Hugh Grant has told Sky News that he has "never had the acting bug" and that he thought he had put showbusiness behind him.

The actor, who is returning to the big screen with a leading role in Florence Foster Jenkins, said: "I haven't missed it.

"There's always been equal parts dread of failure, humiliation or not being good enough.

"I've never had a plan or worry about my acting career. I've never had the bug. Bits of it, I've enjoyed. I've enjoyed all the bits you're not supposed to enjoy."

This is Grant's first leading role since Did You Hear About The Morgans? seven years ago and he says he decided to return because of the script.

"I had largely put showbusiness behind me," he told Sky News.

"Although, (I) occasionally do little oddities like the Man From U.N.C.L.E or something - and then in the midst of all my other life, including Hacked Off, Stephen Frear said he's got a script - and I said I'm not interested - but he produced this thing that was a good part, and there was Meryl Streep, so I thought I have to do this."

Grant plays St Clair Bayfield in the film - a true story based on the life of Florence Foster Jenkins, a New York heiress who dreamed of becoming an opera singer despite having a terrible singing voice.

Meryl Streep takes the title role - something Grant admits was both a blessing and a curse.

"There was the prospect of trying to keep up with Meryl Streep, which was really terrifying," he said.

"She's got 18 Oscar nominations. She's in that tiny class of real genius like Leonardo da Vinci or Lionel Messi. But it's a treat - even if I hadn't have been acting it would have been quite fun just to watch her for eight weeks."

Florence Foster Jenkins is released in cinemas on 6 May.

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Share on Google Plus

About Quang

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét