Pryce: Game Of Thrones Up With Lear And Shylock

Game of Thrones star Jonathan Pryne says that he initially never wanted to do the show but now rates it as a "great contrast" to his performances in King Lear and The Merchant of Venice.

The Veteran actor, who plays High Sparrow, told Sky News he was offered a part in series one but turned it down.

"It's a genre that's never appealed to me," he said.

"There's lots of blockbuster series of things to do with fantasy, space and all that that I'd never seen and didn't want to see, and Game Of Thrones initially fell into that slot, so I passed on it.

"But they came back with season five with the character of High Sparrow and it was too good a chance to pass over this time.

Actress Maisie Williams attends the premiere of HBO's "Game Of Thrones" Season 6

The star of Pirates of the Caribbean and Tomorrow Never Dies as well as TV's Wolf Hall said: "I'm glad I'm doing it. I'm glad it's come where it's come. It comes in the middle of my playing King Lear and Shylock and it's a great contrast to that."

Pryce was one of a series of stars of the programme who spoke to Sky News ahead of the premiere of the opening episode.

Maisie Williams, who plays Arya Stark, revealed how much she suffers for her art, by having to wear painful contact lenses in the new series.

She told Sky's Joe Michalczuk: "I have a couple of pair with various different sized holes and lenses as well but the worst pair... were 22mm with no hole and were all painted so it was totally opaque.

"On other days I got to wear pairs that were 15, 16mm which was a lot nicer 'cause you could sit there without people saying 'do they hurt?' while you are sat there crying, saying 'No I'm fine!"

Alfie Allen, who plays Theon Greyjoy, told Sky News that cast members are often as big a fan of the show as anyone else, as they do not get to find out the plot lines until they watch it on TV.

game of thrones season 6

He said: "It's funny because you'll be sitting there watching it with your mates and then something happens and you're like 'What, Oh my God' - and your friend looks at you as if to say 'Aren't you in this show, aren't you meant to know this?'.

"It feels good to be a fan of it, just as much as everyone else, and to be just as surprised by things."

Isaac Hempstead Wright, who plays the character Bran Stark, said he had used his year off between seasons four and six, when he didn't appear, to do his GCSEs.

He said: "It was quite convenient because it was my GCSE year at school, so I could go an do all those. Sadly, I didn't get time to watch the series. It was really weird.

"It was the first time in six years that I'd ever done a full term at school. I got so used to doing, like, three weeks and then jetting off somewhere!"

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Share on Google Plus

About Quang

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét