Facebook Exec's Touching Post On Husband's Death

Facebook executive Sheryl Sandberg - whose husband died in a treadmill accident last year - says she did not realise how hard it would be to succeed at work as a single mother.

In a post marking the one-year anniversary of David Goldberg's death, she said she had entered a "new and unfamiliar world".

"I did not understand how often I would look at my son’s or daughter’s crying face and not know how to stop the tears.

"I did not really get how hard it is to succeed at work when you are overwhelmed at home."

Mr Goldberg was exercising at a Mexican resort last May when he collapsed, and hit his head as he fell off the treadmill.

Allen And Company Annual Meeting Draws Top Business Leaders To Sun Valley, Idaho

Resort workers found him lying in a pool of blood next to the exercise machine, with an injury to the back of his head.

He later died at a hospital in Nuevo Vallarta.

The businessman had worked for firms including Yahoo, and ran online survey provider SurveyMonkey.

He married Ms Sandberg - Facebook's Chief Operating Officer - in 2004.

Her post continued: "I never understood how often the world would remind my children and me of what we don't have - from father-daughter dances to Parent Night at school.

"Until we lost Dave, my brother said that he too did not realise how many 'father' events there were at their public school in Houston and how hard they must be for the many children without fathers."

Ms Sandberg, 46, is worth around $1bn, and added: "I realise how extremely fortunate I am not to face the financial burdens so many single mothers and widows face.

"Poverty is one of the hidden and devastating aftereffects of loss for women."

Let's block ads! (Why?)

Share on Google Plus

About Quang

My blog is the place to update the latest information on sports, science and technology ... If you found this article good, useful please the share for others to see, even if you want to design a ecommerce website or web edit or set a special plugin functionality, please contact us now (Information in the footer)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét